Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dear Issy

Dear Issy,

I want to tell you that the world isn't as harsh as it always seems, but I don't know how that would go over, since your mother did something so unbearably cruel and inexcusable to you. You are 14 and already you have suffered an unforgivable amount of abuse.

You are Autistic. In some people's minds, that is justification enough to make you a target. But it is not your fault. You are not the aggressor or abuser.

You are Autistic, and the Autistic community stands with you. By being Autistic, you have been accepted into our community. Remember that being Autistic is something that holds no shame, regardless of what people do to you. Preserve yourself at all costs, because you will never not be Autistic.

On a personal level, I hope you are recovering from what happened. I hope you can go someplace safe and heal and grow up. I hope we can hear you communicate your story. We will listen.

From,

Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment